Repowering - replacement of equipment
Over time there is a normal decline in the efficiency of PV panels which is estimated to be around 1%/year. Usually the actual yield is even higher due to damages of some panels from various causes such as P.I.D effect, micro-cracking due to adverse weather conditions, etc.
So the question arises: what is the optimal time to replace the panels of a PV park?
Obviously the answer depends on many parameters, such as the guaranteed energy sale price, the type of PV park as well as the reduction rate of power efficiency, etc.
- Increase in power efficiency.
- Panels of new construction with more life and warranty.
- New warranty of the panels, as in the past there was no warranty and problems are created in new damages.
- Payback is around 3 years.
- Lower maintenance costs with fewer breakdowns.
- Selling your old used panels to us.
- Smaller surface area exposed to wind pressures on trackers since modern panels have almost twice the surface area. Possible reduction of trackers required!
- The costs of the costs for the replacement of the photovoltaic panels are tax deductible.
Contact us immediately so that we can give you an offer to replace your panels, as the selling price of these is increasing daily.